For many people starting their own business is a dream come true. They have the promise of flexible working and doing something that they love. But when their idea takes off, they can suddenly have the unexpectedly pleasant challenge of not having enough hours in the day.
Our clients are brilliant at what they do. However, when they realise they can’t finish everything they need to, the way they would like, overwhelm kicks in and they need support. This is where we come in.
With this in mind we wanted to share our top 6 tips to help grow your business:
- Be clear on your direction. Many entrepreneurs demand fast growth and expansion. It is key to clearly define where you wish to take your business and write your SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timed) objectives.
- Be prepared to invest. To grow your business quickly, you need to invest, whether that is in your teams, infrastructure, brand awareness or in a new product or service. It is important you have a plan in place to acquire new funding so that you can be ready to scale your business when the time is right.
- Set yourself apart from the competition. Being clear on what sets you apart from the competition is critical to strong growth. Why should your target audience buy from you vs the competition? Defining your values and what you stand for will also support your marketing.
- Be innovative. Bringing a new product or service to market will help set you apart from the competition. However, it won’t be a competitive advantage for long, as others are sure to copy your great ideas. To grow your business, you need to continually invest in finding the next best product or service.
- Streamline your processes. To free up your time you need to streamline your internal processes. This might include:
- Establishing clear accounts procedures
- Managing your sales pipeline
- Ensuring you have the right file sharing tools in place
- Setting up the right IT infrastructure to protect your critical business data
- Implementing the right project management tools
Taking time to streamline your processes will be critical to help future proof your business, ensuring you and your teams are efficient.
- Build your sales and marketing capabilities. In today’s digital world there are many ways you could connect with your target audience. Ensure your sales and marketing experts are aligned, clear on their objectives and you are investing your time and money into the right channels and resources.
Find out how Pro Bike Tool became more streamlined, efficient and ultimately more successful, in our recent client case study.
If you’re brilliant at what you do but struggling to find time to take the next step, please get in touch to arrange your FREE consultation.Get In Touch
Scaleup Solutions – Transforming Growing Businesses