Pro Bike ToolCase Study
Chris Parr – Co-Founder, Pro Bike Tool
Chris and Nicole Parr – co-founders of Pro Bike Tool (PBT) – asked for our help in boosting and managing growth.
They owned an established company successfully manufacturing bike accessories and selling them internationally through Amazon and their own website. As well as working full-time themselves, they employed someone to help them with marketing, and a virtual assistant (VA) in the Philippines.
After three years of trading they had a $4 million annual turnover, but a number of factors hampered future growth:
- Too much time spent on business admin, so they couldn’t commit to growing the business
- Isolated systems that didn’t share data easily, hampering team collaboration
- Poor planning contributing to
- Stock over-ordering tying up much-needed money in unsold goods and increased warehousing costs
- Stock under-ordering, resulting in lost sales and high delivery costs to bring in emergency stock
In short, Chris and Nicole were facing the classic problem of growing businesses – they didn’t have the right systems and processes in place to capitalise on demand.
We spent time at PBT understanding the problems and observing their working practices.
This enabled us to provide:
- A clear breakdown of which tasks the VA could complete and which needed to be dealt with in-house
- Clarity on important vs unimportant and urgent vs non-urgent tasks and how to prioritise them, giving Chris and Nicole more time to work “on” the business rather than “in” the business
- A full review of all existing IT systems and an assisted move to new and improved systems across email, spreadsheets and cloud storage
- Introduction of a task management system to enable fast and effective team working, regardless of location
- Introduction of a project management tool to provide clarity of on-going and future activities and enable informed prioritisation
Our support and advice led to many valuable changes at PBT, including: